Monday, February 15, 2010

Ducking Out

Nothing to report today. After cloud, rain and cold most of the day – all at the same time! I ducked out of doing much but I caught up on a lot of paperwork.

Maybe I should take a holiday to South East Asia as it is nice and warm there, where a Coot as a rare vagrant species is causing a stir in Sabah, Borneo. http://horukuru.blogspot.com/

But to keep the blog going here are a few more recent wildfowl pictures including a common or garden UK Coot.


Coot


Pintail


Pintail


Female Pintail



Shelduck


Wigeon


Let's hope for birding weather tomorrow.


2 comments:

Forest the Bear said...

Great photos Phil. I have not seen a Pintail myself yet, but after seeing your shots of the pair, they are definitely a target for this year.

Madibirder said...

Good collection of ducks.Haven't seen many ducks in the wild or maybe I'm not looking in the right places.

Related Posts with Thumbnails